The colors, that I connect with autumn are orange/green/ craft, like colored leaves and fog. They are not my usual colors, but I think I still worked it out.
Two days ago, one of my dearest friends fell and broke her leg... she definitly needs a card and a nice treat - I got an idea, things began to fall together.....
First I made her card. For the band in the bg, I used a technique, that I read recently at Miss Boo's blog , called 'Faux layers & stiching'. First the band was sponged with Distress 'peeled paint', then the swirls from Inkadinkado were stamped on top. At last I got my sewing machine out (puh, can't believe I did that!) and framed the card by some real sewing!! After all the faux stiching that I have done recently, I really liked the way it came up and think it always adds a nice touch. To finish the card up, I added the tea pot image in a circle, the qote and some buttons as well.
Then I deceided, that my friend shall have a little treat as well and made her the PTI box (tucked away). I really love that template and it is so easy and fast to use. I wanted to use that uplifting sentiment in the 'tea for two' set, because it is so much fitting with my friend's situation. So I took it as my main focal image on the box. Again, the band in the bg is done with the 'faux layer technique' and a stamp of Stamping Duck. Buttons were added to fit with the card and of course the box will be filled with some tea. ;-)
Now, may be you can see, that the box is not so perfect done, it just looks like it, because it is not glued yet - and yes, it even not glued the template holds so well in itself. To send the card and the box out by mail, I will not glue it, so I can send it flat in an envelope. Since my friend is a crafter as well, it will be no problem and fun for her, to assemble it herself. I hope she will like it and it will cheer her up a bit.
I hope you enjoyed it here and thanks for passing by ... enjoy the rest of the blog-hop and see you around....

43 comments:
Very pretty!
Beautiful! What a gorgeous card and box and I'm sure your friend will love it!!
Your stiching is wonderful and I adore the little box as well. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Oh what a good friend you are! I hope your friend recovers soon!
I love the stitching on your card and the layout is fab!
Aimes
x
Very cute set! Great job!
Very cute card and box. Your friend will love them!
Thanks for sharing~
I love the faux layer - can't belive it's faux - and the pop of the orange buttons. I'm sure yuor friend will love it.
absolutely beautiful!!!
Wow -- this is GORGEOUS!!!
I am sure that it will cheer her up. What a fantastic gift. And your stitching and the buttons are excellent little touches. I definitely think after the hop, this template will be making its way to me ;)
Look at those little buttons that look like pumpkin blossoms, how sweet is that! Nice choice of sets too, I'll have to pull my teapot out soon.
Oh WOW! This is truly beautiful. I love this card. The box is very nice as well. Great job.
Tea in the fall - - perfect...and your stitching is super too!
Tea in the fall - - perfect...and your stitching is super too!
Gorgeous!! I love all the fun stitching on your card!!
I love the way you framed your sentiment with the flourishes and stitching and buttons...very cute!! I don't use my teapot set enough!
so darling!! Love the set!
Really pretty! Love the stitching!
SOOO cute..what a sweet gift!!
Beautifully done! What gorgeous buttons too!
This is wonderful!! I love the orange and the green together and the stiching is amazing!!
Gorgeous gift set! I am lovin' all the stitchin'!
Great card--those buttons are perfect for it!
Just love it! Beautiful!
Oh WOW- this set is gorgeous. I love the teapot... and the buttons... and the color scheme. Everything is awesome!
so glad yo participated - love it!!
Nice job on both of them. I Hope your friend feels better soon.
Antje, Du hast ein wunderschönes Set gemacht, es ist alles toll gestaltet und die Farben passen wirklich sehr gut zum Herbst. Mit den Knöpfen hast Du ja noch etwas Farbe ins Spiel gebracht, das passt! Und ich finde es klasse, hast Du die Nähmaschine hervorgeholt und richtig genäht.
Deiner Freundin wird das Geschenk sicher sehr gut gefallen und jetzt kann sie dann das gebrochene Bein hochlegen und ein Tässchen guten Tee geniessen.
Schönen Tag und liebe Grüsse
Carola
Und wo ist heute der deutsche Text *lach* ich versteh zwar nicht, was da steht - Bildergucken geht noch und die Karte ist total klasse.
hallo Antje, dankeschön für Deinen tollen blog. Ich lese ihn regelmäßig und bin immer ganz angetan von Deinen tollen Werken. Kannst Du mir bitte helfen? Ich komme nicht auf die PTI Seite ... was mache ich falsch??? Herzliche Grüße von einer Deutschen, die derzeit in Polen lebt - Brigitte
oh wow. love this, i love the way you stitched around the edge
Very pretty!!! Love the layout and the stitching!
Antje, das Set ist großartig geworden! :)
LG, Tina
Very nice card. Loved the colors and stitching. Loved the gift box as well. :D
So beautiful! Love the stitching and layout
Das ist so genial Antje, den Stempel finde ich ganz besonders schick! Tolle Arbeiten! Liebe Grüße...
Ein ganz wunderbares Set. Und die Nähte sehen ja sowas von Klasse aus.
Liebe Grüße, Katja
Nachdem so viele auf englisch geschrieben haben, kommt jetzt mein deutscher Kommentar *smile* -
wie immer eine traumhaft schöne Arbeit - auch die anderen letzten Werke - hammerschön!!!
Liebe Grüße -
funny
Love the stitching, and those buttons are divine!
Ich sag nur absolut klasse...
Lg, Helga
die schachteln sid ja ein traum.
sehr,sehr schön.
lg ramona
WOW WOW WOW ein traumhaft schönes Set *schwärm*
Liebe Grüße
von Anke
schöne Farbkombi! Super genäht! Du hast also doch eine Nähmaschine *schmunzel*
Post a Comment